Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Frustrated

Two days ago was Mother's Day as well as my birthday. I woke up and expected my child to at least make me breakfast but he was fast asleep on the couch with his friend on the love seat. So I tried waking him up and went back into my bedroom. A hour later, he was still sleep. He then woke up and came in my room. Perhaps I was wrong for the next part but he didn't say anything. I then asked him didn't he have anything to say..to which I responded what about Happy Birthday or Happy Mother's Day? He then got all pissed off and left my room.

I know to be a mother is sometimes a thankless job but at this point I'm so damn frustrated that I feel like I would be better off without him. I mean, I know I wasn't the best child in the world but seriously, people that aren't even related to me did more than he did. He didn't even get me a card. Let alone follow up on his promise to clean the house or wash my car.

I work 7 days a week to be able to give him everything he needs. I kept his car even though he didn't deserve it. But I don't deserve to be treated like a nobody. I carried him for 9 months, bought all his clothes, put up with his bullshit when no one else would and still tried. But at the moment, I believe that I need to start living for me because there is nothing else to try to do for him. And while I believe that at one day he will look back and hopefully feel bad for what he has done, but right now I'm not ready to wait for his apologies.

1 comment:

Mr. Gwumpeeh!® said...

Wow. That ain't ever right. He needs to realize that he only has one mother. I wouldn't even be typing this reply if I tried to act like that towards my mother.